We value your privacy as if it were our own.
Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited henceforth referred to as (‘KOEL’) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your data. The protection of your privacy in the processing of your data is an important concern to which we pay special attention in our business processes.
We process personal data collected during visits to our websites according to the legal provisions of India.
This privacy notice describes the information about you that KOEL collects through this website, how that information is used, maintained, shared, and protected and how you can update it.
This Policy applies to personal information and sensitive personal data or information collected by us or our representatives directly from you or through our online portals, mobile apps, and electronic communications as also any information collected by our business applications or by any physical means.
By submitting your personal information through this KOEL website, you shall be consenting to it being processed in the manner described in this Policy by KOEL around the world and our hosting organizations around the world.
Personal information -
Personal information means any information that relates to any person, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to personally identify the person.
Sensitive personal data or information –
Sensitive personal data or information of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to but not limited to:
● Biometric information etc.
● Date & Place of birth
● Nominee details etc.
● Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details.
● physical, physiological, and mental health conditions
1. Personal data that we collect
Personal data refers to data that lets KOEL know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact, or locate you (e.g. name, age, gender, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address, financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details). We collect your data when you provide us with scenarios such as in response to a survey, in case you register for events when registering for personalized services, request information about our products or use our services, or request customer support. We may ask you to provide your data relevant to the scenarios such as your name, address, pin code, phone number, email address, IP Address, location data, information about your device, etc. KOEL collects personal data about you when you interact with this site and/or utilize services offered on this site. For example:
If you apply for a job or other staffing opportunity through this site, you will be asked to submit your resume as well as other contact information such as your email address, phone number, mailing address, and other details. We will use this information to consider you for the job opening that you specify. We may also use this information to contact you regarding other staffing opportunities, both opportunities advertised on this site. For example:
● If you apply for a job or other staffing opportunity through this site, you will be asked to submit your resume as well as other contact information such as your email address, phone number, mailing address, and other details. We will use this information to consider you for the job opening that you specify. We may also use this information to contact you regarding other staffing opportunities, both opportunities advertised on this site.
● We may use a third-party service provider to assist us with some features of our site. Our service provider will receive your information on our behalf and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose.
● We may also ask you for personal data in connection with other interactions you have with this website, including when you answer a survey and when you report a problem with this site or services offered on this site.
● We collect your data if you wish to do business with us in the form of dealership/distributorship (through dealer/distributor applications)
● We also collect personal data from third parties such as our partners, service providers, and publicly available websites, to offer services we think may be of interest and to help us maintain data accuracy, provide, and enhance the services.
KOEL websites may contain links to other websites. KOEL shall not be responsible for the privacy notices or the content of such websites even if:
● You accessed the third-party website using links from our website; or
● You linked to our website from a third-party website.
In general, you can visit the KOEL website on the Internet without telling us whom you are or providing personal information. Such use does not result in any personally identifiable data being collected or stored. We may however collect information about you when you visit the KOEL website, use our services, or view our online advertisements. Having said that, unless you submit personal information about yourself by filling in any form on the KOEL website or by sending us an e-mail, we are not obliged to maintain any other personal information as a result of your access and usage of this KOEL website.
2. How we use your data
We can only use your data if we have a proper reason for doing so. We only use your data for one or more of these reasons:
● To fulfill a contract we have with you, or
● If we have a legal duty to use your data for a particular reason, or
● When we get your consent to use it, or
● When it is in our legitimate interests which are our business or commercial reasons for using your data, but even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you.
● Once your details are submitted, KOEL has the right to use the data & imagery for any marketing activities in the future.
● The testimonial quote/message/expressions shared by you could be modified while maintaining the essence, but to fit into any of our upcoming campaigns.
The use of your information is subject to the privacy notice in effect at the time of our use. KOEL uses information provided to us for our general business use. This may include the following purposes:
● To respond to your requests.
● To provide services to you including customer services issues.
● To send communications to you about our or our affiliates’ current services, new services or promotions that we are developing, and opportunities that may be available to you.
● To alert you to new features or enhancements to our services
● To communicate with you about job or career opportunities about which you have inquired.
● To ensure that our site and our services function effectively for you;
● To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and outreach.
● Marketing and events: We use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, and online. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt-out of receiving these emails in the future. Please remember that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
● Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate:
● Under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence.
● To respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
We endeavor to collect only such information that is reasonably necessary to perform services for you or to respond to your inquiries. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is accurate, complete, and current.
3. When we share personal data
KOEL shares or discloses personal data when necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations. If KOEL intends to transfer your data outside, KOEL shall take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected and shall ensure that adequate safeguards are in place. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
KOEL may disclose information about you to unaffiliated third-party customers of KOEL in connection with your application for staffing opportunities advertised on this site, or in connection with opportunities advertised on the website of one of our affiliates. For example-
1. Within KOEL: Our businesses around the world are supported by a variety of KOEL teams and functions, and personal information will be made available to them if necessary for the provision of services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data protection and security policies when handling personal data.
2. Our business partners: We occasionally collaborate with other organizations to deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or host events, conferences, and seminars. As part of these arrangements, you may be a customer of both KOEL and our partners, and our partners and we may collect and share information about you. KOEL will handle personal data by the privacy notice.
3. Our third-party service providers: We collaborate with service providers around the world for any support needed. Personal data may be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfill the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal data we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
4. Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal data when we believe it is required, such as:
○ To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
○ In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
○ To protect our rights, users, systems, and services.
4. Where do we store and process personal data
KOEL as a global organization, take steps to ensure that the information we collect is processed according to this privacy notice and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located. We collaborate with third parties such as cloud hosting services, suppliers, and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal data is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
KOEL will not sell or rent your data to anyone. In some cases such as to provide the product or service you have requested, we may need to disclose or transfer your data within KOEL or to third parties if required.
5. How we secure personal data
KOEL uses appropriate technologies and procedures to protect your data. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements. For example,
● Policies and procedures: KOEL employs reasonable technological, physical, and operational security procedures intended to protect your data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Our security measures are periodically reviewed and updated to provide appropriate security for all the data collected about you.
● We place appropriate restrictions on access to your data.
● We implement appropriate security measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
● We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training regularly for our employees and contractors who have access to personal data
● We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate by our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions.
● We require, with contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal data with which they are entrusted by our security policies and procedures.
7. Children under 13 years of age
We do not provide services directly to children or proactively collect their personal information. Parents or guardians may authorize children under 13 years old to use the KOEL site provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such child including, without limitation, monitoring the child’s access and use of the KOEL site.
8. Your rights and your data
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information. In such cases, we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
● The right to access information: At any point, you can contact us to request the information we hold on you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we obtained the information from. Once we have received your request, we will respond within one month. There are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same data may be subject to an administrative fee.
● The right to correct and update the information: If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
● The right to have your information erased: If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it for our legitimate interests or regulatory purpose(s).
● The right to object to processing: You have the right to request that we stop processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you and let you know if we can comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue to process your data. Even after you exercise your right to object, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights or to bring or defend legal claims.
● The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller. We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
● The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was sought. You can withdraw your consent easily by telephone, email, or by post (refer to the consent withdrawal form).
● The right to object to the processing of personal data where applicable.
● The right to complain to the Data Protection Representative.
9. How long do we keep your data?
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, KOEL takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
10. Changes to Our Privacy notice
KOEL may update privacy notices from time to time. We encourage you to check our website frequently to see the current privacy notice so that you may stay informed of how KOEL is using and protecting your information. Whenever a change to this notice is significant, we will place a prominent notice on this website and provide an updated effective date.
11. Appropriate, Ethical, and Legally Compliant Use
By using this site, you agree (a) not to disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the web site, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the site or affiliated or linked web sites; (b) not to disrupt or interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of the site or affiliated or linked web sites; (c) not to upload, post or otherwise transmit through or on this site any viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; (d) not to use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization from KOEL or create or use a false identity on this site; (e) not to transmit through or on this site spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass email to people or entities who have not agreed to be part of such mailings; (f) not to divulge your username and password to others either on or off the site; (g) not to attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the site or portions of the site which are restricted from general access; and (h) otherwise comply with all laws and requirements for use of this web site, including those that apply to the data that it contains.
12. Phishing or False Emails/SMS
If you receive an email/SMS that appears to be from KOEL that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email / SMS was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information. We do not ask for this type of information in an email / SMS. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any suspicion.
13. Questions/Contact Information
If you have questions or comments regarding this privacy notice, please contact us, or at:
Email: [email protected]
Effective Date: 21st July 2021
14. Grievance Redressal:
If you have any grievance with can be addressed under this policy, please contact the Grievance Officer appointed under the policy at:
Name: Mr. Abhaya Naik
Email: [email protected]
Phone No.: +918805448181
The Grievance officer will acknowledge the aggrieved party the receipt of the complaint within 36 (thirty-six) hours and try to redress the grievance within a period of 1 (one) month from the date of receipt of the grievance. The complaint Registration Number (CRN) will be shared with the aggrieved party to track the status of the complaint and for future correspondence.
15. Catalog Information:
The catalog information is furnished for the convenience of our customers and is accurate as possible. However, the manufacturer makes no guarantee, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or availability of listed products. All other specifications and application information are taken from authoritative information. Every attempt has been made to supply original factory installation information. Many manufacturers offer engine options on specific models; manufacturers may make production line changes on a model during the production year; owners may modify equipment. KOEL is not responsible for misapplications.
16. Intellectual Property:
The names, images, and logos identifying KOEL, or third parties, and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights, and trademarks of KOEL and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right, or copyright of KOEL or any other third party.
The materials provided at this site are provided “as is” without any warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. KOEL further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials at this site. KOEL may make changes to the materials at this site, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials at this site may be out of date, and KOEL does not commit to updating the materials at this site. Information published on this site may refer to products, programs, or services that are not available in your country or local area. Consult KOEL directly for information regarding the products, programs, and services that may be available to you.
18. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall KOEL, its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, consequential damages and those resulting from lost profits, lost data, or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of this site, any web sites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the materials or information from this site results in the need for servicing, repair, or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof. The data and information presented on this website are believed to be accurate but should not be relied upon by the user for any purpose. Any liability for the content or any omissions from this website, including any inaccuracies, errors, or misstatements in such data or information is expressly disclaimed. KOEL disclaims any liability for use of koel products in applications other than those for which they are designed.
For Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited